“Pages is the most beautiful word processor you’ve ever soon on a mobile device. This powerful word processor helps you create gorgeous reports, CVs and other documents in minutes. Pages has been designed exclusively for the iPad, iPhone and iPod touch with support for Multi-Touch gestures and Smart Zoom.”
Developer: iTunes S.a.r.l.
Size: 279 MB
Rating App Store: ★★★★
Available: iOs, OS X
Pages provides an impressive selection of patterns to choose from when creating a document. Over 60 designs can be used to swiftly create any number of texts, ranging from reviews and reports to CVs and more. Naturally you are able to start with a blank slate and create your document in your own preferred way.
Pages is a tool that will see little use inside the actual classroom, unless your pupils use their iPads to take notes or when doing dictations. It is a text processor that could be used by the teacher to create exercise or learning sheets and it can be used by the pupils for any number of assignments. Not to be forgotten is the spell checker option. This will provide immediate feedback to language learners, either while doing an assignment or taking notes. Despite its many uses, its actual content value remains low.
Pupils will most likely often use this tool, either when completing an assignment or when trying to put some structure into their notes from the lessons. The easy to use designs will then naturally be of great help. Students will find it a major advantage that they can simply select their preferred design and then focus entirely on their notes or the assignment, rather than spend extra time mucking about with the lay-out themselves.
|A standard addition to iPads nowadays, Pages is a text processor that combines easy use with powerful results. For both teachers and students it will be a significant timesaver to simply select one of the many designs and then focus exclusively on the content. The fact that all Pages files can be use on all iPads, Macs and even Microsoft Words means that there is no technical barrier between users of different kinds. A solid tool that does exactly what you need it to.|
Pages is the ideal application for any creative writing exercise imaginable. From a very straightforward and traditional format, such as for writing informational texts or short pieces of fictional texts all the way to very specific types of letters.
- Can be used for simulation exercises in the higher years of the education, pupils can use Pages to write CVs, motivational letters and general letters of application.
- Can be used for larger class assignments, such as the creation of a short school newspaper.
- Can be used to write reviews and reports about books, music and movies in the context of a lesson.
- Finally, the creation of a large portfolio can be supported immensely through Pages. It allows pupils to easily use crisp layouts and to build a structure to base their portfolio on.
- Pupils can create a CV and a motivational letter with Pages.
- Pupils can create a school newspaper with Pages.
- Pupils can write a text in Pages with guidance from the teacher and an OVUR-structure. 
- Pupils can paraphrase texts into Pages.
- Pupils can write a report in a format offered by Pages.
- Pupils can use an appropriate layout.
- Pupils can review their own text, with help from autocorrect.
- Pupils can focus on their written text, regardless of being able to express everything.
- Pupils can use an already existing model, dealt with in class or offered by the teacher.
- Pupils can keep the most important conventions of written language in mind.
 Oriëntatie, Voorbereiden, Uitvoeren, Reflecteren (a step by step guide to completing an assignment for pupils. Orientation, Preparation, Execution, Reflection)