Educreations is a unique interactive whiteboard and screencasting tool that’s simple, powerful, and fun to use. Annotate, animate, and narrate nearly any type of content as you explain any concept. Teachers can create short instructional videos and share them instantly with students, or ask students to show what they know and help friends learn something new.
Developer: Educreations, Inc.
Size: 17,2 MB
Rating App Store: ★★★★
Available: iOS, OS X
Educreations is an application that requires a sizeable time investment. It is unlikely to be able to fit into a run-of-the-mill lesson without significant preparation. Its design is such that it is better suited to be an extracurricular addition to a lesson.
Educreations is described as an interactive whiteboard tool, which means that like a regular whiteboard its use is dependent on the person using it. Given its many options and the ability to narrate any whiteboard structure with explanations it’s easy to see this tool has a lot of potential.
Students may find this tool a welcome addition to a lesson subject, a whiteboard explanation narrated by their teacher could find great uses as a revision tool. The reverse is also a possibility, students using the tool to revise and sending it in to their teacher. Some naturally more shy students may find this to be a bit of a hurdle, however.
|Educreations allows for a teacher to create a whiteboard scheme, much like they do in any given lesson, and then narrate it so it can be viewed outside of the classroom. It opens up a number of options, it can be used as a revision tool after the lesson or even as an educational video before the lesson. In this manner, it can function in a flipping the classroom method of teaching.|
- The idea of Educreations is similar to the idea of Explain Everything. This is a smartboard-like application, which allows you to save your board scheme as an animated video. This allows pupils to recapitulate the subject matter at home, and is a surplus for pupils who have been ill.
- Pupils can use this application in an active way, where you divide the class into groups, and you divide certain subject matter to the groups, and they have to teach the rest of the class. E.g. there are different chapters in their coursebooks such as urban legends, legends, sagas, fables and fairytales. You let group 1 process the subject matter of the urban legends, group 2 processes the subject matter of legends, group 3 processes sagas etc. They present their ‘lesson’ to the class and use Educreations instead of the blackboard. Creativity while using Educreations is encouraged, the options available are virtually limitless compared to a traditional blackboard.
- Pupils can create their own whiteboard-scheme when giving a presentation.
- Pupils dare to speak in front of a class or group.
- Pupils can adequately use models and supporting material to create their own presentation or whiteboard-scheme.
- Pupils can present their own presentation in the given format.
- Pupils can create a plan concerning the presentation; what will be said and what will be shown.
- Pupils can use supporting audio-visual material.
- Pupils can consult subject-material to create their presentation.
- Pupils can complete schemes offered by the teacher during classroom activities.
- Pupils can explain subject matter to the other pupils at home while studying. In this way you allow peer-tutoring.